It turns out that planning a wedding is really quite tough so I wanted to share a few tips on what we have learned so far!
- You can buy wedding rings online > (yes those are our rings).
- But, you need to shop for rings in person, our original ring choices were nothing like what we ended up with.
- Check your wedding ring size when your hands are hot and cold, you don't want to end up with a ring you bought in February that you can't fit on when it comes to the big day.
- Everything costs a lot more than you would expect. Make a budget and if you are really good, try to stick to it.
- Start shopping for your wedding dress the day you get engaged, yes it can take that long.
- If you can keep your party small then you can go big on the venue and get somewhere really special.
- Photography can cost a lot more than you think, in London wedding photographers charge around £150 per hour!
- Don't forget while planning and organising for all of your guests that it is still your day.
- Create a checklist of everything you want to get done. Start from high level decisions like:
- Which country will we get married in.
- Are we going for a church or registry office.
- What is the overall budget.
- How many guests will be invited.
- Don't eat for 24 hours before your tasting dinner for the reception so you can manage everything on the menu.
- Find a partner who doesn't want a Hollywood wedding then give her the best day of her life!
Some of the sites that really helped us were: